Watsonian Football Club seek an ambitious Head Coach for their Women’s 1XV for the coming season
We are looking for a candidate to build on the success of the 2021/22 season in which the team won the Tennent’s Premiership and were runners up in the Sarah Beaney Cup. The candidate should be a good communicator and motivated to lead the Women’s 1XV in the Tennent’s Women’s Premiership for 2022/23.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience of coaching at a high level within rugby and hold or be working towards a UKCC Level 3 Coaching Certificate.
The Head Coach is expected to undertake the following;
- Prepare, plan and carry out training sessions (Tuesday & Thursday) whilst being present at all matches.
- Provide relevant analysis to players and coaches to aid their development throughout the season.
- Lead player recruitment/retention alongside Assistant Coaches
- Communicate effectively with the club leadership, including the Club Captain and Director of Rugby.
- Responsibility for transparent team selection process, with feedback provided consistently across the season to all players.
- Creation of a season plan with realistic and achievable goals.
- Be able to utilise video footage for match/player analysis.
- Effectively organise and coordinate pre-season training to prepare the team for the start of the league on 27th/28th August.
Remuneration and reasonable expenses will depend on experience and at the discretion of the Club.
To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to Fi Sharman (Operations Manager) email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd June 2022.